Thursday 5 April 2012

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In terms of media technologies used during my construction, research, planning and evaluation stages it is important to note one of the most important technologies first of all. This being the internet, more specifically Blogger. Blogger allowed me to create posts, save and store in a quick, easy and professional manner. Without blogger the research would never have been so easily accessible to resources such as textual examples, pictures, exemplars and many more aids and tools to combat my research and planning. In particular blogger helped my research in all different kinds of ways, it allowed me to find pictures and examples for the ancillary tasks, it allowed me to refresh and even learn some new camera techniques including a wide variety of shots. This new knowledge of shots then allowed me research and planning to be a lot more thorough with specific details for my shot to shot list. Another positive of Blogger, it allows peer varied feedback which allows constructive criticism to be absorbed and utilized for the benefit of my work. Other such technologies such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube also enable a very diverse peer feedback system also enhancing my work. 

You Tube became a very special media technology in the research and the planning. It enabled me to research into so many examples of short films, people discussing what they believe makes a good short film and so much more. I must have spent countless hours just watching short after short looking at how it differs as kind of its own genre. Not only did it help in that sense, but it also came very handy when in the construction of my piece. You Tube tutorials on how to use After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. This helped to boost my knowledge of these (never encountered before) tools. 


The Cannon HD camcorder was required once again for my short film. Admittedly it is not a top of the range camera like the big production company's use, but it does get the job done, and done very well may I say. The quality was once again sublime, no real problems with the usage and it imported straight from its SD file into the computer ready to edit on Premiere Pro. I did however have initial problems with the format of the files, it didn't seem to get accepted on some software so some conversion was necessary for it to work properly. This once again took the guidance of You Tube. 





No comments:

Post a Comment