Monday 12 December 2011

Script Number 2

SECOND IDEA
STEVEN HUBBARDO


IDEA 2


Open up with a black screen, narration

Character number one
This is a story of a boy and a girl, however it is not your usual happy love story… it is my story… and in my story we should have lived happily ever after… apart from one problem, and it was a pretty big problem. (Black Screen)
There comes a time in every man’s life, when he is forced to reflect on his mistakes… In my case there was just one that stood out. I started off life like everyone else, a kid, no worries, no cares, no problems… I did however make the occasional mistake.


Anyway, this is my story. It starts off at an early age, just an innocent looking kid running around living life to the full. (images and amateur footage as a kid) It carried on all through my school life; however I met someone, my soon to be best friend, the kindest, sweetest girl I had ever met. (All old styled footage to suggest some kind of flashback) I was to stay with her for four more years, safe to say they were the happiest years of my life.

Let’s get back to that problem of mine; to me my life seemed pretty perfect… I didn’t really want anything else in life at that point. (flashback)
It was our fourth year anniversary, I had planned on taking her out but me being me forgot to book and I couldn’t find anywhere that would take us at such late notice. Instead I took her for a romantic meal down next to the river. It all seemed fine until we started arguing. It was such a pointless argument…

Location bridge next to a local stream. No sound just pictures showing the two arguing, boy slowly getting more and more annoyed until he pushes the girl back, she stumbles and trips on the curb over the edge of the bridge and into the shallow rock layered stream.

Everyone experiences mistakes, some worse than others, nevertheless it happens to all of us. Most people learn and benefit from their mistakes, sadly my mistake was not one I could benefit from. (Shows the boy being handcuffed and put into the back of a police car)

And that was my problem, I was convicted for a life sentence minimum of 50 years… there is a reason why I am telling this story, first of all… (fades in to a shot of a road slowing moving up hearing a metal gate close) it was the day of my release, 54 years later and I am out of prison... you think it would be a glorious occasion but to be perfectly honest I got used to being in prison… and dare I say it I saw it as my home. I had friends in there, I have no one out here apart from this assigned helper to get me used to the outside world, arrange work and place to stay… but she doesn’t care about me, I am just a job to her…  I am nothing to everyone else. I tried to work, and live in the outside world… but I can’t do it, too much has changed… I remember reading this quote in prison, “Do not pity those that are dead, pity those who are alive and above all pity those alive and without love” All I hope now is that this letter both shows my sincere apology for (girl name and family) and raise well needed awareness for those who come out of prison to be faced with nothing.. and above all those alive without love… sadly I have decided to take the easy way out… but I hope this letter and my actions have some kind of positive effect… Your sincerely a man who couldn’t do it anymore. (Shot of a chair slowly being rocked until it turns on to its side, all you can see is the feet, twitching until they stop fade out.

As he is reading this out a journey of him walking, donating all his money to the local charity, paying for his flat to be rented out for 2 years for the 3 homeless people in the town, this is done by a shot of the 3 shaggy clothed men signing a piece of paper. Then his final journey to the post box to deliver his letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment